Monday, October 1, 2007

October First

Well, I just celebrated my 33rd birthday today. Well, actually we started celebrating it yesterday. :) I had a wonderful birthday thanks to my family! When I got home from work today, I was greeted by my husband and daughter. My daughter ran in the house and got the card that she made for me after school! It was so sweet! Then, she took me around back and look what I found!!!!

I love it! I have wanted one of these for a while! I can't wait to paint it. I just don't know what color I want to paint it! I am so excited! My husband designed it and built it just for me! You can't see the hooks - but he added some hooks so that I can hang my garden tools. Thank you Chris for putting so much thought and time into my birthday present! I love it!

I hope that the first day of October was as exciting for you as it was for me! Have a good evening!

Jen

5 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Jen! Well, here is a late Happy Birthday to YOU wish!!! Did you have a great day!!?? I sure hope so...and geeeeez, 33 is just so young! LOL!

Love your potting table!!! What a wonderful piece to have and to use. I have a smaller one and it is white - which shows all of the dirt. I was thinking of painting mine cocoa brown- like the front of our house. Maybe green. Did you decide on a color yet? Paint it a color that will match whatever you have outside, like furniture or accents. Red may be too bold..perhaps a good vintage green color. ???

Have fun and blessings to you!

xo,

Becky

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Your husband is very talented. Keep us posted on what color you decide to paint it!

Michelle

Michelle E. ~ Vintage Pastiche' said...

Happy belated Birthday Jen!

WOW your huby is talented! What a GREAT birthday present :)

*muah*
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, Happy Belated Birthday. A potting table! Fabulous! You can do all kinds of fun things to it. What a thoughtful thing for your hubby to do. Come visit me ~ Lynn

Dena said...

Hi Jen,

Happy Belated Birthday to you! I found you through Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams. I have some hand made pieces from my hubby that are very dear to my heart and I can really appreciate how special this piece is. There's nothing better than something made by the hands of a loved one. Let us know what color you decide on :)

Hugs,
Dena